Sunday 1 March 2009

Back after christmas break


Since i came back from my christmas holyday in Norway, we have been assigned several projects to work on. The first and most challenging one was to write an essay of 3500 words on a topic of (relative)choice. I wrote mine on Ideology in animated films and how the ideologies within them try to control our opinion.

After the essay was finised, we started doing small animations for Live@5, a local news thing.
The assignments sucked. they were so specific, it basicly didnt give any opportunity for experimenting, challenge or fun. But it wasnt all bad. we were split into four groups competing against each other. One won and the others had worked on theirs for nothing. My group didnt win.

After that, we were given a 3-part Background asignment. One exterior, one interior and one in 3d. It was fun figuring out what to draw/build. And since ive never used colors before, i found it quite challenging. I think the 3d one was easiest, though i found i hard to stay within the limitations. I always wanted to add more stuff!



Recently, everyone in our whole class has been asked by www.ChewTV.com to make ident animations that they can use on their webpage. it is currently ongoing and by far the most exciting project so far.
We have already pitched all the ideas to the "chew-crew", and they seem as anticipated as us to see the end results.
I decied to make my ident in 3d, in a style tht has every thing but the camera and center og image nimated. Hard to explain, but i think it will be cool. And since this is aimed at a 14-24year old group, my animation will consist of popular objects representing sports, music and media(skateboards, guitars etc..).
I like working on mine, and i hope i will meet my own anticipation as well as anyone else´s.

1 comment:

Orla said...

Oddne, your 3D room looks brilliant!